Next Festa: Tuesday 28th January 19.00 Italian Film Night
"Pani e Tulipani" see Upcoming Events
Here are some of our past social events:
- Shakespeare in Verdi - A selection of arias from Verdi's Macbeth, Othello and Falstaff.
- Galileo Galilei - An illustrated talk by Steve Elder on the famous Italian Scientist
- Wine tasting evening - A yearly event for sampling some known and lesser known Italian wines
- The history and design of playing cards - A fascinating illustrated talk by Roger Williams
- Festa di Carnevale - An illustrated talk on the Commedia dell'arte by Giovanni, followed by delicious dolci di Carnevale and a desplay of masks.
- Barford Farm Picnic and Ice cream - A chance to enjoy a summer picnic in the lovely gardens of Barford Farm and sample their delicious ice creams.
- 70th Anniversary Festa - In January 2016 the Society celebrated it's 70th year with a series of talks and some wonderful food and drink.
- Musical Evening with the Spectrum Palm Court Trio - An evening of light hearted classical music by three talented musicians
- Paestum, Piranesi and Soane - An illustrated talk on the great 18th Century architect John Soane by John Soane (collaterally related to the original)
- Italian Film Night - Showing of the film "Benvenuti al Sud" a very entertaining film on the sometimes comical differences between Italy's North and South.
- An Evening in Honour of Gwen and Elaine - "Favourite Choruses of Italian Opera" a musical evening to mark the stepping down of two of the most important members of the society.
- Festa at "Lovitaly" - An evening meal at this excellent Italian venue in Ringwood. Wonderful Sardinian delicacies and wines
- End of the Year Festa - Every year in May we finish with a celebration of Italian food and wine and celebrate another successful year of learning, making friends and having fun.
- Feste di Natale - Another annual event in which we celebrate the Christmas Holidays with wonderfully prepared foods to share, drinks, a raffle and carol singing.
Bellow are some images of our activities.